Friday, July 5, 2013

Forth of July Festivities!

Hey guys!

Happy Forth of July!  My hubby and I celebrated the 237th signing of the Declaration of Independence in style.  We started the day with a long walk with the dogs and then I made patriotic pancakes while he hung up our American Flag outside.  On of the things I love about my multicolored Fiesta Ware is that I can mix and match for any theme or holiday!


 
 
What I wore:
Red White Blue sparkle shirt bought at Target a few years ago.
Boot cut jeans from Gap
Red Tom's of Maine canvas wedges (don't worry, they're brand new in the pic, I don't like having shoes on my coffee table!)



 
 
Dinner was fantastic: guacamole cheese crisp followed by a fantastic salad with mixed greens, corn, red onions, jicama, pineapple, pepitas, grilled chicken, avocado, and spicy dressing.  I forgot to take a pic but I also had a really fantastic frozen pomegranate and grapefruit margarita.
 
 
We had a great view of the city's fireworks display from the balcony of the restaurant, but none of my pictures turned out in the dark, so I didn't bother to post any of them.
 
The puppies had a nice night in with the TV on for background noise.  Our house is far enough away from where the fireworks were happening that I didn't feel bad leaving them alone.  Big Boy did get a little stressed after we got home because someone nearby was shooting off fireworks- which is TOTALLY illegal where we live- but all in all they did fantastic!
 
Happy Forth of July, everyone!
 
Stay cool!
 
Amy

1 comment:

  1. You look great and that food... YUM!

    www.ipinkiloveyou.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading what you have to say! Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

Athens Trip: Day 4- The Acropolis!

Hello again! Athens' crown jewel is really the Acropolis.  A series of temples dedicated to Athena, the patron Greek goddess of the cit...