Friday, August 28, 2015

Fashion Friday

Hey guys!

Welcome to a Fashion Friday post!  Here are the outfits I managed to photograph this week.  I'm very out of practice this summer because the mirror I'm using to take my outfit pics is in our guest room and my clothes are in our room, which doesn't have a big mirror.  I'm working to make it part of my routine though, and since I'm keeping some of my work clothes in the shrunk in there, hopefully it will become more automatic when the school year kicks off and I start dressing up to substitute teach.


Tuesday Outfit




Tuesday was freezing- about 52 degrees, raining, and windy.  I know, I know...  I'm a total Arizona wimp who's going to freeze her behind off come winter!  To combat the chill, which is what you'd see in a typical Arizona weather report in the dead of winter, I went with a long sleeve white v-neck from the Gap, skinny Sweetheart Jeans from Old Navy, and black slouch faux suede knee boots by Zigi Soho.  Over top, I wore a over-sized black cable knit wool sweater that I bought on clearance at Banana Republic about seven years ago.  It's been one of my favorite winter pieces ever since- so cute for layering.  You can't see them in the picture, but there are epaulets on the shoulders that add some whimsy.



With the big, open neckline from the sweater and the top, I went ahead and filled it with one of my all time favorite necklaces.  This sterling silver and pearl necklace was a gift from Hubby on our honeymoon.  It was from one of those places where you pick the oyster yourself and they open it up for you.  The pearl that I picked turned out to be large, perfectly round, and slightly champagne colored instead of pure white. It fits perfectly in the turtle shape I picked out and makes a wonderful "shell" for it.  It makes me smile whenever I wear it.


For makeup, I wore:
L'Oreal True Match Concealer in Fair/Light
Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Creamy Natural
E.L.F. Eye Shadow Compact in Natural
Wet n Wild Coloricon Kohl Eyeliner in Simma Brown Now!
Maybelline Great Lash Mascara in Dark Brown
Revlon Colorstay Overtime Lip Color in Endless Spice

This is pretty much what I'm wearing every day this summer. although that will change when school starts.




Wednesday Outfit


It was much warmer the next day, so I ditched the boots in favor of ballet flats and traded the sweater for a scarf.  In this picture, I wearing a black tunic from Xhiliration (Target), skinny Sweetheart jeans from Old Navy, black Xhiliration ballet flats (Target), and a new lightweight scarf in leopard print from a German chain called NKD.  It's one of exactly two pieces of clothing that I've bought in Germany (the other one is a tank top, although it hasn't been warm enough to wear it since I bought it at the end of our epic heat wave).

Friday Outfit





Today was a casual day at home.  I wore a mint green v-neck tee by Mossimo (Target), dark boot cut Sweetheart Jeans from Old Navy, and mint canvas sneakers from Xhiliration (also Target).
   




I paired these with my favorite earrings: large cubic zirconia studs from Express Design Studio, and a necklace that was a going away present from my parents when I moved to Germany at the start of the summer. 

I came to the realization while packing for our move that I really do own an embarrassing amount of clothes.  So I'm trying to stick to my promise to only buy things when something wears out (like undies or jeans), to upgrade something I already own (like getting rid of two cheaper items to replace with one nicer one), or for a real need (I suspect I'm going to need snow boots for the first time in my life in a few months).    

Instead of shopping, I'm trying to work on getting back into some of the smaller items I have stashed away.  I gained a significant amount of weight about two years ago, mostly due to stress from our misfire non-move and all of the resulting chaos it caused in our lives.  Through a lot of hard work, I've lost 20 pounds in the last year, half of that since I moved to Germany, and have 18 more to go to reach the weight I was when I got married seven years ago.  I remember feeling very healthy and strong from all of the pre-wedding working out and dieting that I did and I'd like to feel that good again.

What did you wear this week?  Let me know in the comments below!

Stay Stylish!

XOXO, Amy



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading what you have to say! Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

Athens Trip: Day 4- The Acropolis!

Hello again! Athens' crown jewel is really the Acropolis.  A series of temples dedicated to Athena, the patron Greek goddess of the cit...